Date : 8th July 2023

Opposition :  Cramlington United

Venue : Home

Scorers : Sam Straughan 2, Brad Smith, Jay Atkinson

Booked : None

Sent Off : None

Attendance : 58

Referee : John Blaikie



Team Lineup :

Euan Robertson
Joao Vieira
Craig Heath
Evan Smith
Rhys Dixon
Jack Forster
Matt Boyd
Craig Bell
Michael Robinson
Jack Cummings

Subs :

Ryan Dunn on for Euan Robertson 45 mins
Ciaran Hatsell on for Joao Vieira 45 mins
Sam Straughan on for Jack Cummings 45 mins
Brad Smith on for Michael Robinson 45 mins
Jake Gibson on for Jack Forster 70 mins
Jay Atkinson on for Matt Boyd 75 mins
Leighton Robertson on for Craig Bell 75 min
Jack Cummings on for Brad Smith 85 mins
Joao Vieira on for Craig Heath 65 mins


Match Report :

After trailing at half time, four second half goals saw Tweedmouth Rangers to victory in the opening match of their pre-season programme.

The team from the Northern Alliance club opened the scoring in the 19th minute. When a corner ball came back down from the bar, Jack Rees was the winner inside a heavily populated goal area, returning it high into the net.

Three times in the first half, after creating the chances, Rangers sent the ball even higher and over the Cramlington bar. They would show more composure after the break.

A signal of how the second period might pan out came ten minutes in when Craig Bell’s well hit drive off Rhys Dixon’s long pass took a deflection for a corner. Rangers had only to wait a further minute or so to draw level. Ciaran Hatsell’s lob to Matt Boyd was followed by the latter’s ball to Sam Straughan to aim successfully for the far corner of the net.

Cramlington keeper Steven Dewar made a good one handed save from Straughan before Tweedmouth took the lead. Evan Smith set up namesake Brad who swerved the ball around and beyond the keeper.

Midfielders Hatsell and Boyd were again involved as Straughan went on to make it 3-1 when he potted the ball over the line via the far post.

Second half goalie Ryan Dunn’s positioning stopped Owen Latimer from reducing the margin before Jay Atkinson increased it further four minutes from the end by rounding off some impressive work by a Trialist.

Next up for Tweedmouth is another home outing versus Chirnside United on Tuesday, July 11th. Kick off at Old Shielfield is 7:00 p.m.


Match Photographs – courtesy of Joris Vandewier