Date : 6th May 2023

Opposition :  Craigroyston

Venue : Away

Scorers : Regan Graham, Kieran Cromarty

Booked : Joao Vieira

Sent Off : Drew Cummings, Craig Bell

Attendance : 24

Referee : Konrad Spalony



Team Lineup :

Niall Frampton
Joao Vieira
Ctaig Heath
Kieran Cromarty
Evan Smith
Rhys Dixon
Drew Cummings
Jack Forster
Regan Graham
Rhys Bloomfield
Craig Bell

Subs :

Jack Jones
Jack Cummings
Leighton Robertson


Match Report :

A magnificent battling second half performance by ten and later nine men saw Tweedmouth take a point in Edinburgh after being 2-0 down inside the opening eleven minutes of the first half.

Ross Watson put the home side in front in the 5th minute, collecting an accurate crossfield pass from Ben Uwandu and then taking a step inside to unleash a shot high into the Tweedmouth net. Six minutes later, it looked even bleaker for the Berwick team when Watson struck again in similar style.

It might have been game over when, with Rhys Dixon on the ground after being hurt in a tackle, Craigie were clear through again but Max Clark was denied at close range by Niall Frampton’s save.

Following this let off, Tweedmouth began to look more comfortable and hit the post following a Drew Cummings’ free kick. Just ahead of the half hour, they pulled one back. Instead of swinging it over, Regan Graham called for a short pass from Rhys Bloomfield’s corner, going on to curl the ball towards goal. Closer to the target, Craig Bell also made the right call, jumping over the ball to give it clear passage into Jamie Newman’s net to credit the score to Rangers’ captain.

Seconds from the half time whistle, Drew Cummings was red carded for a challenge on Uwandu, suggesting a tough second forty five minutes for his teammates. They certainly weren’t easy but Rangers had plenty of fighting spirit and stamina. Watson wasn’t given any more serious chances though skipper Cooper Duff’s header following a free kick was only just off target whilst somehow, Clark sent the ball wide of an open goal at the end of a rare occasion when Craigie had Rangers completely at their mercy.

Still trailing, Tweedmouth also had to endeavour to score again. Mainly operating on the left, Bloomfield troubled Craigroyston with his pace from midfield, which meant Bell wasn’t entirely left to his own devices up front.

Frampton helped keep Tweedmouth in the game with several saves including one with his foot from Clark after Uwandu managed to cut inside.

With around ten minutes to go, Bell was also sent off after clashing with Duff. Manager Neil Oliver sent defender Kieran Cromarty to replace Bell as the lone front man. It seemed an unlikely move but it paid off as did Bloomfield’s persistence. Suddenly charging up the right for a change, he delivered a low ball into the box a few yards out from where Cromarty slipped it into the net. Rangers held on for the remaining stoppage time seconds for a deserved draw.