Date : 26th November 2022

Opposition :  Syngenta

Venue : Away

Scorers : Craig Heath

Booked : Jack Forster, Kieran Cromarty

Sent Off : None

Attendance : 43



Team Lineup :

Niall Frampton
Jack Forster
Craig Heath
Evan Smith
Rhys Dixon
Melvin Sebastian
Jay Atkinson
Drew Cummings
Regan Graham
Craig Bell
Michael Robinson

Subs :

Stevie Mason
Kieran Cromarty on for Melvin Sebastian 64 mins
Jordan Crombie on for Craig Bell 85 mins
Joao Vieira on for Michael Robinson 85 mins


Match Report :

A tough afternoon for Tweedmouth on the plastic at a windy Ochilview in Stenhousemuir against a side on course for a second successive promotion in the the East of Scotland League.


Possession and territorial advantage was fairly even in the opening quarter of an hour. Rangers won the first corner of the match whilst James Finlay missed a sitter for the hosts and then, after Syngenta high balls criss-crossed the penalty area, lobbed the ball over the bar.

Another cross, from the left, led to Kevin Fotheringham putting the Grangemouth club ahead in the 16th minute. Five minutes later came Tweedmouth’s only first half shot on target. Keeper Lewis Duffy was forced to go down to hold Melvin Sebastian’s low drive after the ball was played back to him positioned a couple of yards outside the box.

The team in orange scored again on 21 minutes with a cracker from Regan Thompson who finished a run by drilling a pinpoint ball into the bottom corner of the away goal. As they kept up the pressure Syngenta struck the metalwork and Fotheringham ended another attack by firing narrowly wide.

Now at times Tweedmouth had every player inside their own half. They looked capable of holding out until the interval but, seconds before it, conceded again, Fotheringham’s header off Calum Rodgers’ cross going in off the post.


Just seconds in, Syngenta had a chance to make it four goals when Sebastian was penalised for pulling down Fotheringham just inside the area. The victim took the kick himself but it was pushed away by Niall Frampton who also denied the no. 11 success at the second attempt.

Tweedmouth put themselves under unnecessary pressure in the 56th minute and Andy Johnston took advantage to now make it 4-0. Rangers’ prompt reply was a volley from Michael Robinson which finished a shade outside Duffy’s post.

With an hour played, Robinson was fouled. His strike on the end of the free kick was blocked only for Craig Heath to forcefully return it for his first goal of the season.

That score gave a further boost to Rangers’ improved second half performance. Duffy was soon racing out to thwart Robinson’s prospects of adding a second goal after Jack Forster and Drew Cummings linked to provide the springboard.

Meanwhile, Tweedmouth’s offside trap was regularly frustrating the home team. When Andy Johnston avoided it, he opted to go alone rather than pass and shot over the bar. However, Johnston was to have the final word, haring forward when a Tweedmouth attack broke down. Heath gamely chased him and then the ball after Johnston slipped it past Frampton but it was already over the line before the centre back could get a foot to it.


Syngenta’s performance was probably the best Tweedmouth have come across so far this campaign. The result takes them to the top of the table on goal difference. Despite the loss, Tweedmouth remain in ninth spot in the eighteen team Second Division.