Date : 24th September 2022

Opposition :  Ormiston Primrose

Venue : Home

Scorers : Craig Bell (3), Michael Robinson, Rhys Bloomfield

Booked : Kieran Cromarty, Jack Forster

Sent Off : None

TRFC Man of the Match :  Craig Bell

Attendance : 86



Team Lineup :

Stevie Mason
Kieran Cromarty
Evan Smith
Craig Heath
Rhys Dixon
Rhys Bloomfield
Jack Forster
Drew Cummings
Regan Graham
Craig Bell
Michael Robinson

Subs :

Jay Atkinson on for Craig Bell 66 mins
Joao Vieira
Kyle Wood on for Kieran Cromarty 70 mins
Adam Deans on for Michael Robinson 83 mins


Programme Cover :

To follow.


Match Report :

After five away games on the trot, Tweedmouth Rangers returned to home soil coming from behind to register a convincing win.


Rangers pressed from the start but even a trio of early corners brought no joy. Nor did a cross from Drew Cummings. Ormiston goalkeeper Kieran Beveridge knocked away Craig Heath’s header on the end of it.

With 13 minutes played, the visitors scored from their first attack. Matthew Underhill completed a move up the right with a precisely measured low angled shot into the furthest point of Stephen Mason’s goal.

Tweedmouth won more corners as they strived for an equaliser. Heath was again out of luck, just wide with a glancing header from one of them, Kieran Cromarty left to relate a similar story from another.

The 28th minute leveller came via a different route. Evan Smith broke up an Ormiston attack to forward the ball at sufficient height for Craig Bell to lob it in some style with his left foot high into the net beyond the advancing Beveridge.

Rangers went on to score two more inside four minutes. Bell got his second, with his right foot, after cashing in on a defensive slip. The third goal, five minutes from half time, rubber stamped a move which originated on the left but terminated on the right. With the Primrose defence standing off, Regan Graham had plenty of time to deliberate what to do on receipt of Cummings’ square ball. He opted to go right to the supporting Rhys Bloomfield who confidently ran on to beat Beveridge.


Tweedmouth didn’t take long to extend their lead. A great piece of ball control enabled Michael Robinson to feed Cummings who found yards of space through the middle. Beveridge went low to parry the midfielder’s shot just as far as the awaiting Bell to claim his third success of the afternoon.

The East Lothian side were temporarily back in the hunt on 57 minutes. A bit of a scrap ensued following a corner before Sean Ballard managed to get the ball into the net. Jettisoning the weapon of Guy Kerr’s powerful long throw ins, Ormiston rarely looked like scoring again as Rangers relished the gift of acres of space in the middle of the park.

Robinson was again supplier as Bloomfield went on to hit the top of the post. With job done, Bell was replaced by Jay Atkinson whose constant harassing up front saw Ormiston concede another three corners. From one of them, Kyle Wood headed over the bar.

Cummings, who witnessed his drive hit one post and run along the goal line to hit the other and back into play, was instrumental in the final goal eight minutes from the end. Winning the ball in a tackle, he put Robinson through to slot it past Beveridge just ahead of the scorer making way for Adam Deans.


Tweedmouth took full advantage of the conditions with the sun as bright as the colour of the visitors’ shirts and the pitch having benefited from midweek rain. The result takes them to the exact mid point in the East of Scotland League Division Two table.


Pictures :

No photographer present.