Date : 6th November 2021

Opposition : Kennoway Star Hearts

Venue : Home

Scorers : Craig Bell, Michael Robinson

Booked : Craig Colquhoun, Ciaran Hatsell

Sent Off : None

Attendance : 36

Match & Ball Sponsor : n/a


Team Lineup :

Adam Mutch
Jay Baverstock
Ciaran Hatsell
Jack Forster
Craig Heath
Evan Smith
Craig Colquhoun
Drew Cummings
Michael Robinson
Craig Bell
Regan Graham

Subs :

Niall Richards
Joao Vieira on for Craig Bell 80 mins
Owen Tennant
Ilja Ovcinnikovs
Emilijus Skorochod


Programme Cover : No program today.


Match Report – by Michael Smyth :


It was no surprise that much of the opening forty five minutes’ action occurred inside Tweedmouth’s half of the field after third in the table Kennoway opted to start with the wind behind them going down the Old Shielfield slope.

Rangers conceded a corner with barely a minute played. Keeper Adam Mutch punched Craig Wallace’s kick over the bar and was slow to get up after taking a knock whilst fisting away the follow up corner.

However, it was the home side who took the lead in the 11th minute. Hearts’ keeper Andrew Warrender tore out of his area intent on clearing the ball. Instead, he kicked it straight to Craig Bell who from 30 odd yards, and at an angle, sent it into an empty net with the precision of a top snooker player potting black. Moments later, Bell just failed to connect with Michael Robinson’s low cross from roughly the same spot from which he had just scored.

It would be nigh impossible to select a home man of the match such was the wholehearted team effort and commitment. Rangers won not only because they scored more goals but also due to a never say die attitude when under pressure. An early illustration spoiled Jason Watson’s hopes of getting in a shot after crisp KSH passing looked to have opened up the home defence.

Watson had more joy on 34 minutes. Mutch stopped Ricki Cooper’s free kick with his knees but the ball fell towards Hearts’ no. 7 who dived to equalise with a header.

A minute from half time, Mutch’s foot stopped Daryl Falconer putting the Fifers ahead and right on the whistle, another corner ball was knocked on to the back post.

The second half began with Falconer blasting the ball over the bar. Jason Watson hit the side netting before Tweedmouth went back in front almost on the hour. Impressive choreography split open the visitors’ defence. Though the focus of attention of three Hearts’ men, Craig Colquhoun battled to win back the ball. He forwarded it to Bell who received it back from Drew Cummings to slide it through to Robinson to net.

Mutch was again called upon to use his knuckles, this time from another Cooper free kick but Tweedmouth sensed the match was going their way and stayed calm as Kennoway were eventually reduced to nine men. Ross Balmer was first to go for something said to the referee. Falconer followed for a similar offence with five minutes remaining.


Pictures :

No photographer present.