Date : 23rd October 2021

Opposition : Craigroyston

Venue : Away

Scorers : Declan Knox, Michael Robinson, Regan Graham (2)

Booked : Josh Whitson, Rhys Dixon, Ciaran Hatsell, Craig Colquhoun, Joao Vieira

Sent Off : Mark Walters

Attendance : 50

Match & Ball Sponsor : n/a


Team Lineup :

Mark Walters
Declan Knox
Josh Whitson
Rhys Dixon
Joao Vieira
Evan Smith
Craig Colquhoun
Drew Cummings
Michael Robinson
Jack Forster
Regan Graham

Subs :

Khasim Mdlasini on for Michael Robinson 65 mins
Niall Richards
Jake Gibson
Ciaran Hatsell on for Josh Whitson 45 mins
Adam Mutch on for Declan Knox 35 mins
Sean Campbell


Programme Cover : n/a


Match Report – by Michael Smyth :


A winning start for new Craigroyston manager Scott Newby but a disappointing result for Tweedmouth compounded by the dismissal of goalkeeper Mark Walters which left them a man short for more than half the game. Paradoxically, Rangers played better with ten men with the second half ending all square on goals scored.

A heavy, lumpy pitch certainly didn’t suit Tweedmouth’s style of play. It proved less troublesome to the newcomers brought in by the new boss to a club which has now fielded almost seventy different individuals so far this season.

The visitors made a promising start when Declan Knox slipped the ball inside the far post following Craig Colquhoun’s long cross from the right. Knox came close again with an angled shot which rolled just past the opposite post.

Sheer persistence against would be tacklers saw Craigie centre forward Dylan Tait make ground across field from right to left to pick out Leo Buckle to level the scores.

Walters was at his best with a one handed save over the bar from a home header but was beaten for the second time in three minutes courtesy of Ryan Higgins’ low shot.

Downfield, Michael Robinson was unlucky to see his lob over veteran keeper Scott Dowie also rise above the bar. Meanwhile, Rangers’ rearguard continued to labour against Craigroyston’s brisk movement and Tait made it 3-1 eleven minutes from half time.

Soon afterwards, having secured a ball being chased by Tyler Bolochoweckyj, Walters charged into the no. 7. A straight red and a penalty with Adam Mutch coming on to take over in goal. Bolochoweckyj converted the spot kick to give the Edinburgh team a 4-1 interval lead.

Tweedmouth’s early second half pressure indicated they were still going to make a fight of it but fell further behind when Charlie Buck knocked in a corner ball. They responded quickly. Colquhoun set up Robinson who controlled the ball well before finishing and were denied a further score when Regan Graham’s strike from beyond the box rattled the bar, Ciaran Hatsell and Jack Forster involved in the build up.

In a quick break forward which highlighted the discrepancy in numbers, Tait also hit metal after taking Bolochoweckyj’s pass. He did get a second goal with 15 minutes remaining and only Mutch’s outstretched foot stopped another.

As the match entered its final ten minutes, two quick goals from Graham made it 6-4. Craigroyston might have been pressing the panic button if Khasim Mdlasini hadn’t shot straight at Dowie when Rangers broke through again. Any home nerves were settled when man of the match Tait headed in his third goal from a last minute cross.


Pictures :

No photographer present.