Date : 14th May 2022

Opposition : Ormiston

Venue : Away

Scorers : Jack Forster, Jay Baverstock, Craig Bell

Booked : Joao Vieira

Sent Off : None

Attendance : 44

Match & Ball Sponsor : None


Team Lineup :

Niall Frampton
Joao Vieira
Rhys Dixon
Craig Heath
Evan Smith
Archie Roue
Drew Cummings
Jack Forster
Michael Robinson
Jay Baverstock
Regan Graham

Subs :

Craig Bell on for Joao Vieira 63 mins
Craig Colquhoun on for Michael Robinson 63 mins
Jake Gibson on for Archie Roue 85 mins


Programme Cover :



Match Report – by Michael Smyth :

A disappointing result for Tweedmouth especially as Rangers held the lead from the 7th minute through to three minutes into the second half. When Ormiston equalised for the first time, that lead was quickly restored and even when the hosts scored two more to put them 3-2 ahead, Rangers pulled it back to 3-all ten minutes later. They were ultimately undone by a fourth home goal, seven minutes from time. Thus, Ormiston exactly reversed the outcome from when the teams met at Old Shielfield in November when Tweedmouth were 4-3 winners.

Following a narrow escape when Zac Scally’s volley hit the bar, Rangers’ first corner led to the opening goal. On receiving it at the edge of the penalty area, Jack Forster teed up the ball for a successful strike into the net.

Tweedmouth looked the more assured team with Craig Heath getting in a couple of headers on ventures upfield. The first, off Archie Roue’s free kick, produced a fine save from keeper Kieran Beveridge. The second, on the end of Drew Cummings’ cross, was just wide. Ten minutes from half time, the ball went the same way off Joao Vieira’s knee, again from a Cummings’ cross.

Ormiston’s favoured route towards goal was via Scott Walker’s crosses from the left wing intended for the pacey Scally out on the right or centre forward Donald Dickson. Nothing came of them though twice Tweedmouth were fortunate to get away with being caught on the ball deep inside their own patch.

Walker went on to inflict some real damage in the second half beginning with Ormiston’s first goal in the 48th minute from near the back post after a corner.

Rangers needed only two minutes to go back in front. A move up the left ended with Regan Graham cutting inside and a pass to Jay Baverstock to score.

Ormiston’s second equaliser ( 56 mins. ) came as a consequence of the fleet footed Dickson able to make ground on the right before Tweedmouth gifted the ball to Walker further infield. He showed his appreciation with a powerful shot which made it all square again. Three minutes later, he was involved in the East Lothian side’s third goal, getting the better of the bounce of the ball to round Vieira and deliver it along the line for the sliding Dickson to knock it in.

In the 69th minute it was Rangers’ turn to level. Roue fed substitute Craig Colquhoun, returning after five weeks out injured. Craig Bell read the situation perfectly, rushing in to slip the ball beyond Beveridge after Colquhoun took on and beat the defensive cover.

Colquhoun was unlucky to see his header off Graham’s corner go over the bar; Ormiston equally so when Walker’s header hit the post.

Another failure to effectively guard against a corner helped Daryl Russell to celebrate the winner just a few minutes after coming on as a replacement.