Date : 13th November 2021

Opposition : Ormiston

Venue : Home

Scorers : Craig Colquhoun, Regan Graham, Michael Robinson, Drew Cummings

Booked : Ciaran Hatsell, Jay Baverstock, Drew Cummings

Sent Off : None

Attendance : 89

Match & Ball Sponsor : AW Bell Joinery


Team Lineup :

Adam Mutch
Jay Baverstock
Ciaran Hatsell
Jack Forster
Craig Heath
Evan Smith
Craig Colquhoun
Drew Cummings
Michael Robinson
Craig Bell
Regan Graham

Subs :

Niall Richards
Joao Vieira on for Ciaran Hatsell 60 mins
Josh Whitson
Sean Campbell on for Craig Bell 60 mins
Jake Gibson
Rhys Dixon on for Regan Graham 80 mins


Programme Cover :

To follow


Match Report – by Michael Smyth :


Tweedmouth held on for a second victory in a row after a triple substitution by Ormiston eight minutes into the second half helped the East Lothian club get back in the game.

Rangers keeper Adam Mutch enjoyed a relatively quiet first half as Ormiston struggled to make the most of the chances they created. For the most part, Tweedmouth were on top but several good passing movements failed to produce results until the 36th minute. Drew Cummings was to have a hand in two of the home goals as well as scoring one himself. His pass led to Craig Colquhoun’s ball from parallel to the bye line hitting keeper Jorge Sanchez on its way over the line.

Tweedmouth went two up before the break when Cummings’ footwork laid the foundation for skipper Regan Graham to belt the ball into the net from the left.

Just as it had done early in the first half when Graham’s lob struck the top of the far post, the woodwork came to Ormiston’s rescue at the start of the second period. This time Sanchez managed to touch Colquhoun’s free kick on to the bar but it wasn’t long before the home side stretched their lead further. Graham spotted a route through for the ball to Michael Robinson who put them three up.

The visitors reacted by making three changes and went on to score the next two goals. Daniel Nichol headed in the first off a cross from Ano Subasic, currently on loan from Haddington, and one of the fresh trio. Via the woodwork, Subasic claimed the next one, also with a header, from Chris Hogg’s corner.

Last defender Jay Baverstock saved the day as Ormiston threatened to level before relief came through a brilliant individual goal from Cummings with sixteen minutes of normal time still on the clock. Tweedmouth might have sealed it a few minutes later when Cummings set up Robinson but the striker toe poked the ball wide of the goal.

It meant a nervous finale for the Berwick boys after another sub, Marc Scott, cut the deficit to a single goal. He was in luck as he chased a long ball. Evan Smith, facing his own goal appeared likely to beat him to it but lost his footing enabling Scott to slip the ball beyond Mutch. It was tough on Smith who had otherwise given another strong display at the back.

Mutch, who took the red armband after Graham hobbled off, lived up to the captaincy by racing out of his area to clear the ball before the menacing Subasic could do more damage. Ormiston continued to strive desperately for an equaliser but even four minutes of stoppage time proved not long enough.


Pictures :

No photographer present.