Date : 12th March 2022

Opposition : Glenrothes

Venue : Away

Scorers : Jamie Heath

Booked : Evan Smith

Sent Off : None

Attendance : 75

Match & Ball Sponsor : None


Team Lineup :

Mark Walters
Jack Forster
Rhys Dixon
Craig Heath
Evan Smith
Sean Campbell
Drew Cummings
Archie Roue
Jamie Heath
Regan Graham
Darren Gillon

Subs :

Andy Wilson on for Sean Campbell 75 mins
Jake Gibson
Joao Vieira on for Darren Gillon 60 mins

Programme Cover :

None, away game


Match Report – by Michael Smyth :

Warout Stadium, home of Glenrothes F.C., was the destination for Tweedmouth Rangers’ fifth trip of the season to Fife as they kicked off their East of Scotland League Cup sectional programme against the team currently lying second in the League’s ‘B’ Conference.

Tweedmouth struggled to make their passes count on a soft and uneven pitch which wouldn’t let the ball roll. More familiar with the terrain, the hosts coped better though tackling from both sides was often scrappy.

In between a player from each side losing their footing, Rangers’ keeper Mark Walters was called into action with the first save of the game but had little chance of stopping Lea Schiavone’s 8th minute opener, a cracking volley high into the far corner of the net. It would quickly have been 2-0 if Walters hadn’t managed to go low to scoop away a long free kick just before it crossed the line.

So Glenrothes had to wait until the 19th minute to double their lead when ex-East Fife and Kelty Hearts man Stuart Cargill weaved his way through a gap between defenders. Cargill was gifted a second goal after the pitch played tricks with Rhys Dixon’s intended clearance.

The final 15 minutes of the half saw Tweedmouth more often inside home territory. They defied mass marking to send Drew Cummings forward but his final ball was wide. Darren Gillon and Sean Campbell combined to put Cummings through again before he was robbed in the tackle.

Home goalie Adam Shaw finally had a save to make when Campbell attempted a low drive as the opening 45 drew to a close.

After the second period opened with a couple of unproductive home attacks, Tweedmouth stayed in the game through Jamie Heath’s 52nd minute assured finish on the back of Cummings’ timely pass.

Roles were reversed following Glens’ Reece Brown hitting the stanchion, Heath outstripping home men to feed Cummings. Shaw came out to narrow the angle and the eventual shot ran outside his post. Archie Roue had a go from outside the penalty area but was a couple of feet too high.

Glenrothes took control again and on 68 mins., Cargill whipped the ball into the net from the right to secure his hat trick. The hosts hit the post ahead of Walters’ foot preventing a 76th minute Keane Whitlet goal. It wasn’t the first time that the keeper’s boot had stopped a shot but it was his hand which brought the loudest applause of the afternoon when he stretched to turn away Andy McCallion’s bullet header for a corner.

Glenrothes’ perseverance paid off with Fionn McLeod Kay making it 5-1 near the end.



Pictures :

No photographer present.