Date : 28th September 2019

Opposition : Arniston Rangers

Venue : Away

Scorers : Robinson

Booked : None

Sent Off : None

TRFC Man of the Match : Craig Colquhoun

Attendance : TBC

Match Sponsor : n/a

Ball Sponsor : n/a


Team Lineup :






Subs : Forster for Dixon (50), Crombie for Dougall (70), McLeod for Cooledge (85)


Programme Cover :

n/a – away game

Match Report :

For the third game in a row, Tweedmouth lost by a one goal margin. Despite taking the lead in the second minute and maintaining it for almost another seventy, a particularly cruel finish denied them even a point at Gorebridge.

Rhys Dixon began the move which led to their goal with a pass up the right wing to Craig Colquhoun whose cross was headed in by Michael Robinson.

Home players were reduced to mere spectators as a set of passes culminated in John Dougall coming close to connecting with Regan Graham’s neat chip. Twice in the first half, Tweedmouth hit the bar, from Colquhoun’s header and Graham’s 25 yard shot after Arniston gifted their guests free passage through midfield.

The home side’s attempts on goal were non threatening until Tweedmouth keeper Adam Mutch was called into serious action to thwart Stephen Anderson and Connor Dyett.

Six minutes from the break, a vital second goal loomed through first, Robinson, whose shot was pushed out by goalie Easton. Sean Campbell had another go with the loose ball but Blair Devlin blocked it on the line.

Colquhoun opened the second half with a solo run before hitting the side netting. The Midlothian side though were generally livelier than in the first 45 with Anderson chief danger man. Twice frustrated by Mutch fisting away the ball, in between, he curled it just beyond the outside post. Eventually, he evened up the score, his nifty turn on taking a short pass from Gavin Shanley enabling him to drill the ball exactly where he wanted it.

Play continued to swing between ends. Easton went high to punch away a corner and Colquhoun again hit the outside net as Tweedmouth produced their best attack for some time as the 80 minute mark approached.

From another Colquhoun cross, Robinson headed into Easton’s arms whilst downfield, Anderson again went close.

The Berwick team created further chances but perhaps due to the energy sapping effects of the big Newbyres pitch their finishing lacked punch.

There was a scrappy but happy climax for the home Rangers. With 30 seconds left to play and the ball back in the visitors’ half there was a mix up between Mutch and Kieran Cromarty who both went for it. As it came off the keeper, it hit the foot of Nathan Johnson. Arniston’s young substitute followed through but it didn’t need another touch. It was already on its way into the net.

Pictures :

Courtesy of Tommy McLeod Photography